Quickbooks Error Code (-6000, -77): 5 Easy Solutions in a Repairing Guide
Quickbooks is an emerging player in the field of accounting and management software. It has all the advanced and modern features that are required by any user in small-scale and medium-scale enterprises for performing management and accounting-related operations. It even has such an interface that can be accessed by any type of user across the world. Despite being such perfect software, still many errors and issues can cut down the user experience in the Quickbooks software. The Quickbooks error 6000 77 is one such error that is faced by the QBs users.
It is also called Quickbooks Error code (-6000, -77). The Quickbooks error code 6000 77 mainly happens due to some company files issues. Another reason that can cause this issue is when Quickbooks is unable to locate the path of the specified company files. This shows there can be some internal issues in the software.
Above the language has been a bit complex, but do not worry my friend as we have gathered together the easiest solutions for you through which you can easily troubleshoot this error with just a few clicks. Let us straight away go with the topic for our day.
Quickbooks Error 6000 77: Causes for Occurrence
There are many causes for this error 77 Quickbooks listed below.
- In case the company file is kept in an external drive instead of the internal hard disk.
- The Quickbooks Desktop software is frequently trying to access your company file.
- A Windows defender third-party application might be blocking the operations in Quickbooks. This majorly happens during the use of the multi-user mode.
- Another probability is that incorrect permissions were given to the Quickbooks software.
What are the Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code (-6000, -77)?
You are advised to carry out each and every solution one by one till you get the most appropriate method. Also, always create a backup of your company files to prevent any important data loss. The solutions to the Quickbooks Error -6000, -77 are provided in detail below.
Method 1: Using the Quickbooks File Doctor (QFD)
The Quickbooks file doctor tool is an astonishing tool that can help you to fix most of the QBs company file-related problems. QBs file doctor is a tool that is present under the Quickbooks Tool Hub. Read below to know how to make use of this tool.
- Firstly, start downloading and installing the Quickbooks tool hub software.
- Now access the tool hub.
- Go to the section Company file issues.
- Here, you are required to tap on the green button Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- Choose the company file with errors and tap on the option Repair.
- The file doctor will self-identify the issues and repair them instantly.
Method 2: Using SFC scan
A System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool that has the ability to repair the damaged and corrupted files. You just need to do the scan to remove this error. Learn the process below.
- Firstly, access the command prompt.
- Now, write in sfc/scan.
- tap the Enter key.
In a few minutes’ time, the scan will be completed. Also, do not exit the command prompt window till the scan is 100%.
Method 3: Renaming the Network Data File
- Firstly, click on the folder that has the Quickbooks company file.
- Here, browse for the ND file with a .nd extension.
- Now, do a right-click on the Network Data file and select Rename.
- Put old at the end of the name of the file. For eg. taxreports2021.qbw.nd.old
You can Also Read, What is QBW32.EXE Error and How to Fix It?
Method 4: Conducting a Clean Install
The clean install tool assists in removing the damaged, corrupted, and broken Quickbooks-related files. You can simply use the clean install Quickbooks software for rectifying this kind of error. To do this, the step-by-step procedure has been given below.
- Access the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Now, Go to the tab Installation issues.
- Next, tap on the button Clean Install tool.
- The clean install process will begin and resolve your error in a few moments’ time.
Method 5: Disabling Antivirus
Antivirus blocks Quickbooks operations. So, we can simply disable it to solve our issues. The third-party antivirus identifies Quickbooks operations as malicious activity and this causes instability in the Quickbooks’ working. Quickbooks Error 6000 77 can occur due to this issue as well.
You can simply uninstall the antivirus or disable it temporarily until the Quickbooks error -6000 -77 is fixed.
In this article, all the relevant aspects related to the Quickbooks error 6000 77 have been briefly discussed and we are optimistic enough that the content of our article has proved to be valuable enough for you. You are no longer in any sort of problem as our solutions must have resolved most of them. Still stuck somewhere, you are advised to take expert help from a professional in the QuickBooks-related field.