Merge Files In Quickbooks Desktop | Complete Guide
Quickbooks Company files hold the crucial data of your business such as transaction records, profit and loss records, etc. these files can be merged together with one of the advanced features of the Quickbooks Desktop. the Combine report features allow users to merge Quickbooks files together. Hence, You can use these features to create business reports combining all the essential data together. these features make it convenient for users to access all the crucial data together.
The Quickbooks Combine report features works for specific file time. We will help you to understand how you can merge two company files in Quickbooks. Along with this, we will also discuss the types of files that cannot be merged and some of the things that you will need to follow before merging two files in Quickbooks. If you have any queries or need some assistance, you can also contact the experts at Quickbooks. they will provide an effective solution to resolve the issue.
Pre-requisites to be followed before merging two company files in Quickbooks
In order to successfully two company files in Quickbooks, You have to keep these things in mind.
- Firstly, You will be required to create two different charts of the Accounts file in both the company file to easily merge the data together.
- the merging of two accounts is possible when both the company files have the same type, gradable level, and name.
- Below listed is the list of requirements that you will need to follow in order to merge two files in Quickbooks.
- The merging of two Quickbooks Account is not possible if they are of two different levels. for say, You cannot merge a parent account with a sub-account in Quickbooks Desktop.
- If the spelling of two accounts is different then you cannot merge these accounts together.
- Accounts with different account numbers cannot be merged together.
- Make sure to enable the multi-user mode in Quickbooks Desktop to freely move the combination files over the network.
These are some of the pre-requisites that you need to follow before merging two files in Quickbooks Desktop. So as we have discussed, Let us have a look at the files that we cannot merge together in Quickbooks Desktop.
Types of Quickbooks Files that Cannot Be Merged
- The Quickbooks Payroll checks can’t be displayed in the payroll report as the regular checks already contain the payroll checks.
- The Quickbooks Combine report features don’t allow to merge of memorized transactions from the secondary files.
- The bank reconciliation files in the Quickbooks Desktop cannot be merged together.
- The Company files in Quickbooks Software with negative inventory and assembly build cannot be merged together.
- the Automate files in Quickbooks Desktop such as sales tax or groups can be hard to merge.
- the Quickbooks To-do lists and customer notes cannot be merged together.
- The Customer fields are not allowed to merge in the Quickbooks Desktop.
Methods To Merge Quickbooks Files
While performing the merging of two company files in Quickbooks Desktop, make sure to follow the process very carefully as it’s a complex process and can lead to errors. Hence, It is advisable to create a backup of the Quickbooks Company file before starting the merging process to avoid any kind of data loss.
Method: 1 Quickbooks Combine Report Feature
You can follow the steps mentioned below to use the in-built feature of the Quickbooks Desktop to merge two company files in Quickbooks.
- Go to the Quickbooks Desktop window and click on the reports option from the menu bar.
- Now go to the multiple companies option and choose the combine report feature.
- Now choose the company files by clicking on the Add files option.
- Repeat these files for other company files and then select the reports that you want to merge together.
- Now mentioned the details required such as range and date and then click on “Combine reports in excel option”.
Also Find, Steps to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 15270
Method: 2 Third-party Tools
if you have Quickbooks Pro And premier then you can make use of the third-party tools. You can easily download and install these tools on your device to merge two company files in Quickbooks Desktop.
So this is all about how you can merge two company files in Quickbooks Desktop. We have explained above the method to merge files and the types of files that cannot be merged together. you can then use these merged reports to access all the business data together in one file.
In case, you have any queries regarding this article then get in touch with the experts at Quickbooks. they are well-trained and professionals who can help you with an efficient solution to resolve any kind of issue with Quickbooks Software.